TIPS FOR A GREAT SESSION!
WHAT TO WEAR? WHAT TO BRING? I HAVE A PIMPLE!
• Decide whether you are going to go formal or casual – whatever feels the most like you as an individual, family or couple (however, wardrobe changes are permitted and encouraged!)
• Wear solid colors; textured fabric looks great in pictures.
• Layers are great for a variety of looks without a full wardrobe change. Show your style!
• In shots with more than one person, everyone does not have to match, but coordinate so that colors don’t clash.
• Let children be themselves – remember “as natural as possible” is the mantra.
• For very small children, be sure to let them bring a favorite toy, stuffed animal or security blanket. It gives them something to do with their hands and usually helps bring out the best smiles!
• Bringing several accessories can add variety to your shots.
• Make sure children have eaten prior to their photo session. Children who have not eaten tend to have less of an attention span.
• Spit out the gum, please.
• Avoid plaids, florals, busy patterns, head-to-toe black or white.
• Stay away from loud logos.
• Hold off on spray or fake tanning – a deep tan can turn out muddy in pictures.
• Don't overdo the makeup. Less is better.
• Don't worry about blemishes - I promise to make them disappear - free of charge!
Tips to prepare for a Newborn session:
• Schedule the session for the time baby is happiest (usually mid-morning).
• If possible, make sure baby is well-fed just prior to the session time and ready for a nap. Sleepy babies make some of the best models!
• Find the best place in your home with the most natural light to set up for the session. A large space is not necessary.
• Make sure the space is warm - either with a space heater or turn up the furnace in the colder months. A cold, nakey baby is not a happy baby!
• Decide if you would like the session to be of baby only, or if parents/siblings will be included.